Thursday, April 7, 2011
Even "microwave-safe" products release the toxin bisphenol-A (BPA) when heated. BPA has been shown to cause neurological and developmental damage in laboratory animals. It is found in hard clear plastic, the linings of metal food cans, trays for frozen food, microwaveable soup containers and plastic baby-food packaging. Researchers are especially concerned about how the chemical affects fetuses and newborns, whose systems are not fully developed. Manufacturers have begun to remove BPA from their products. In the meantime, do not microwave or heat food in any type of plastic container.
Posted by P.J.D publishing at 10:51 AM